Stanford’s International Women in Data Science (WiDS) London Conference
ANNOUNCEMENT (6 March 2020): This event will not be held as an “in-person” gathering and the date is changing to April 2020. These changes are necessary given the Corona Virus and precautions to minimise the spread of the illness. The organisers are looking for creative ways to provide not only a conference, but the networking that it provides to attendees. More information will be provided as soon as possible. If anyone would like to join the volunteer organisers, please leave a message.
Women in Data Science London is hosting a technical conference that provides an opportunity to hear about the advances and research in a number of data domains. Learn how leading women in data are advancing, and connect with potential mentors in the field.
Any person is welcome to attend. The speakers are women, non-binary, or gender fluid.
Speakers (to be reconfirmed, given the adjustment in time and place) this year might include:
- IBM Master Inventor, Mandy Chessell (CBE, FREng)
- Data Engineer / Scientist / Entrepreneur, Viviane Ribeiro (CEO BI do Brasil)
- Award Winning Tech and AI Public Policy Executive, Lucy Yu (Co-founder of The Institute for Ethical AI & Machine Learning)
- Hannah Redler Hawes (Director of Data as Culture Art Programme at The ODI)
- Julie Freeman (Artist and Computer Scientist)
- Anna Scott (Creative Producer, Communications Strategist and Data Ethics Advocate)
See more about WiDS Stanford @ https://www.widsconference.org/
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Best to bring your ticket on your mobile device. No need to print anything!
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Sorry, no. We must have names of attendees beforehand for security purposes.