Analyse real-time data with machine learning on Microsoft Azure
In this Beginners Machine Learning workshop, you will get some hands-on experience with machine learning using simulated live data streams on the cloud. You will build an end-to-end solution using Azure IoT Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Serverless Functions, Microsoft Cognitive Services, Azure SQL Database, and Power BI.
During the workshop, you will build a scalable system that:
- Receives pictures from a set of Internet-connected, motion-activated cameras
- Uses machine learning to determine if a Polar Bear is present in the photographs
- Track matches found in a relational database for historical reporting and
- Creates a set of visualisations from the data that makes it easy to determine when and where polar bears have been sighted
The content of this workshop is based on the following Microsoft Learn Tutorial:
The event is free and everybody is welcome to register.
Please arrive from 6:30pm and there will be coffee and pastries available – the training starts promptly at 7:00pm and ends at 9:30pm. It is a hands-on course and there will be plenty of lab exercises. We expect to have 80 attendees and will put everybody in groups of six people around a table so you can help each other.
Attendees will need to bring a laptop with an active Azure subscription on it (trial or pay-as-you-go). Please note you will not be able to use PowerBI without a work or school azure subscription.
* Bring your laptop
* Familiarity with APIs, cloud computing and machine learning concepts
* Familiarity with Node.js Framework
This will be a hands-on class so please bring your laptop fully charged!
Spaces for this class will be limited.
Questions you will answer in this workshop:
– How can I take advantage of Microsoft Cognitive Services for analysing data in real-time?
– How can I build an end-to-end solution on Azure to ingest, analyze and visualise live-stream data?
– What do I need to consider when working with real-time data streams?
– What is serverless computing?
6:30pm – 7:00pm Registrations, Networking & Refereshments
7:00pm – 9:00pm – Code Lab
9:00pm – 9:30pm – Wrap up & Close