A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO INCREASING DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION | DIAMOND TRAINING
The CDN and TriForce Creative Network are working together to provide Diversity and Inclusion training for both production companies and freelancers.
This workshop is split into two parts of two hours each. The morning session is for Heads of Production and Development as well as HR and Diversity representatives to help teams with techniques to achieve a more diverse and inclusive range of people in the workplace, including creative talent and crew. The afternoon session will focus on practical Diamond Training and will be open to freelance production staff who would like a training session on how completing Diamond forms in the Silvermouse system.
The training sessions are free but places are limited. Please only reserve a maximum of two spaces per production company and please email email@example.com if you are unable to attend so we can release your space. Please book the correct session for you!
We will be considering diversity in its broadest sense – gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability and social mobility.
Part One: For Heads of Production and Development 11.30am – 13.30pm.
A Practical Guide to Increasing Diversity and Inclusion
Participants are encouraged to ask questions throughout and engage in robust discussion in a safe space.
- Diamond Overview: What is it? What does the latest data tell us? Why is it important?
- The ‘Targets’: Looking at Broadcasters’ differing targets for diversity.
- What are the benefits of diversity?
- What are the barriers stopping us from increasing diversity and inclusion?
- It’s All in the Timing: Make D&I part of your process as early as possible
- Ask the Experts: Working with partners can help you to embed D&I into your workforce
- Recruitment Practices: Think about how to change your recruitment practices to be more inclusive
- Own Your Privilege: Tackle your unconscious biases and try to see the barriers that exist for others
- Moving On Up: How to support crew to move through the ranks and mitigate risk.
- Word Power: Looking at the power of language and what the law says…
- What are ‘reasonable adjustments’? How can you support disabled people in the workplace? (With Case Study examples).
Part Two: For individuals responsible for Diamond data gathering e.g. Production Assistants/Co-Ordinators. 14.30pm – 16.30pm.
- Diamond Overview
- Diamond System Walkthrough
- Communicating with contributors and encouraging responses
- Entering data to ensure quality outputs