Building a diverse workforce
Insurance is ripe for disruption; and that is exactly what Aviva have been doing. They are a 320 year old disruptor, transforming the way customers engage with their products and services.
Approaching software delivery with an Agile mind-set, they are passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often to both existing and new products. They have built bespoke digital spaces for their teams in the London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol; and establishing teams in Sheffield.
eSynergy have been supporting Aviva to build collaborative scrum teams made up of an exceptional mix of digital experts and innovators from a wide range of backgrounds and industries.
To diversify technical teams across the business with a specific focus on women in technology to cover multiple locations. Main areas of focus – API & Integration and software development teams currently 80/20 split males to females. Lack of external branding around women in tech initiatives and storytelling to the wider tech community.
- Diversity engagement piece to position Aviva as the go-to place for technology innovation and a diversified workforce
- Encouraging Aviva technology teams to embed themselves within the wider tech community through a blended model of speaking opportunities and events.
- Quarterly webinar sessions with Aviva employees covering culture, diversity initiatives and technology innovation at Aviva
- Event dedicated to women in technology with internal or external female experts promoted to our women in tech community
- Monthly meetup calendar accessed via a dedicated site with relevant meetups, events and upskilling opportunities (with a focus on Women who code groups) for the entire team
- Dedicated Community Manager – onsite monthly to coordinate events internally and externally and bespoke training sessions
- Women in tech Career Hub where women can attend to receive career advice and opportunities
- Sharing the Aviva story and raising their brand profile amongst the technical community with speaking opportunities for Aviva employees at leading tech events
- Promotional reach of Aviva opportunities and activities to over 200,000 technologists
- Reach of 150+ mid-level to senior delegates registered for online webinar session
- Widening the pool of talent applications, specifically focused on women in technology
- Direct applicants through to Aviva recruitment channels from activities