Scala, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml
A multi-award winning and technology driven company are looking for a Scala Developer to help drive innovation, technical evangelism and continual improvement across all their functional programming teams.
Due to the complex nature of the project, the client require a Scala Developer to drive delivery of services within their critical product infrastructure. A part of your role, you will focus on driving business value in this area and will help set the bar high for our development practices, championing Scala and other technology adoptions within the team.
- Extending and maintaining their elastically scaling public facing API whilst building supporting
applications around it;
- To drive delivery of services within their critical product infrastructure;
- Championing Scala and related frameworks (Scala, Play, Akka);
- Technology adoption within the team;
- Working in an Agile, iterative environment using BDD and TDD.
You Will Need:
- Scala web service application development including knowledge of Akka and Spray;
- Software and Systems Architecture for XML and JSON web services;
- Patterns for building performant, scalable, highly distributed software;
- OO design patterns, multi-threading, asynchronous concepts;
- Continuous Delivery environment build tools including Git and Jenkins.
The reason you should apply for this role
You will get the opportunity to lead cross functional teams using a range of tools. You will have the autonomy,
freedom and all the responsibility available for you to build the platforms however you feel suitable using the
technologies of your choice.